Support to help you thrive during early parenthood
Restful sleep is an essential component to birth recovery and overall well-being throughout early parenthood. While a bit of sleep deprivation can certainly be par for the course in this life stage, evidence indicates that ongoing sleep deficits can negatively impact our mental, physical and emotional health. As a certified postpartum doula, I thoughtfully care for the needs of your family so you can be optimally rested, supported and informed during this tender time.
Overnight Postpartum Doula Care includes:
- A complimentary consultation to make sure I am a good fit for your family and needs
- My commitment to serve you with compassion while upholding your family's values, priorities and traditions for the postpartum time period
- Care for your baby overnight including bottle feeding, diapering and infant soothing; support for breastfeeding/chestfeeding parents means I can bring your baby to you for nighttime feedings then take care of the rest so that your sleep is maximized
- Assistance with light household tasks including washing and sanitizing bottles, laundry, pet care and general tidying
- Nonjudgmental listening, emotional support and companionship, including holding space for you to speak the truth about the full spectrum of your experiences
- Support and resources to support optimal mental, physical and emotional health for all parents
- Evidence-based guidance for infant care, feeding and sleep upon request
- Referrals to other perinatal professionals as needed
I currently offer overnight postpartum doula care to families in King and south Snohomish counties at a rate of $40 per hour. Shifts typically range from 6 to 12 hours in length and can be customized to fit your family's needs.
*Please note that at this time, I do not offer daytime support.